Dear friends and fans of Caleb Teicher & Company,
I write today to ask you to consider donating and supporting the future success of my dance company.
(Determined to donate without reading further? Click the text above to head straight to the donation page!)
It’s been an exciting year of exponential artistic growth for our company:
- Six World Premieres in 2016: Not So Impossible, Chet or Just The Way He Sings, Small & Tall, Etude, Variations, and Nathan & Caleb Meet Ella (Dec 2016).
- Nineteen dancers employed: Tap dancers, Jazz dancers, Lindy Hoppers, Modern dancers. A diverse group with unique backgrounds and experiences.
- Two year-round artistic residencies at the American Tap Dance Foundation and CUNY Queens College (through CUNY Dance Initiative).
- Numerous artistic collaborations: Music recordings by Peter Mintun and Tamar Korn. Costumes designed by Marion Talan and Chase Brock. Animation designed by Isabela Dos Santos. Lighting designs by Kathy Kaufman and Serena Wong. A web series directed by Casey Brooks.
- Several sold-out performances in NYC and Martha’s Vineyard.
- Free community classes in Lindy Hop, Vernacular Jazz, and Tap Dance in many locations across the Northeast.
- Several free, public performances plus many performances with affordable tickets (< $30)!
As one of the few companies dedicated to presenting traditional American dance forms in a modern context, we are reaching audiences with dance work that inspires, connects, and reflects an understanding of our own American heritage. In a time where many of us question what it means to be “American”, we remind audiences of the joy, sorrow, and inexplicable beauty that has saturated American music and dance for centuries.
We want to do more. We want to share the work we’ve made with more audiences. We want to give our favorite American dance forms a stronger presence in the dance world. We want to make more work. But, we cannot do it without the support of people like you.
How to Donate:
Every donation to Caleb Teicher & Company through Fractured Atlas is completely tax-deductible.
By becoming a supporter of Caleb Teicher & Company, you’ll be invited to open rehearsals and work-in-progress showings. You will also be the first to know when tickets go on sale for future performances, and you’ll have unique opportunities to engage with the company and their work.
We are so thankful for the support we’ve already received, but to move forward, we need you!